Friday, June 3, 2011

AEA Resource Review

I had never looked at the AEA's online resources before today. I found Culture Grams today and really liked what I found out about them. They have information about 22 different countries around the world and include videos and links that can be explored. I have taught a social studies lesson called A Trip Around the World to lower elementary students in the past.  They love to learn about different cultures and compared them to the world around them. It would take me hours to search and find videos, recipes, local games, information about schools, traditions and what ever else I could come up with to make it interesting and fun for the students.  Much of what I found in the Culture Grams combines much of this information all in one place. I would still look for other resources to be sure that I had a good variety of information but this would be sure a good starting point. I am excited about all the resourses that will soon be available through our AEA and plan to use these resources next year. We are extremely lucky to have our AEA's in this state, when I have gone to the National Lutheran Educators Conference I have talked with teachers that have nothing that would compare to this available in their states and the are amazed when I explain to them all that we have at our finger tips through our state Educatioin Agencies. Iowa is truly a great state in which to teach.

No comments:

Post a Comment