Thursday, January 27, 2011

Awesome Video

As I was searching for ideas on how to update the chapters on symbols I was randomly looking at videos that caught my eye. This one was so beautiful I thought I would share. The music and movement and the images that she chose to work with go together so well that I was compelled to watch even though it had nothing to do with what I was looking for at the time. The colors, images and music were very soothing and it was a nice brain refresher to just watch something that was beautiful.

I have watched other TED talks and love the variety of subjects that are covered. Some of them are way out there and others are very informative.  The two that we watched on Monday in class were new to me, but I enjoyed them emensly. The images that were created with string and chocolate and other odd materials just amazed me. So awesome and creative.
I really connected with the video telling you what the rules of design are and then how he broke them all. Some of my favorite graphic designers are the ones that go beyond the rules and make images that really draw you in and make you want to see more. The videos reminded me of all the things I learned when working on my graphic design degree and why I enjoyed those courses so much.  The challenge of getting your message across to the intended audience in a manner that looks effortless.  Making the design rules work for you and knowing when you get to throw the rules to the wind. I am looking forward to learning more and hearing from all in class about their ideas and thoughts about visual literacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment