Monday, November 12, 2012

Quest #4 If Only...

Here is my original me. Just basic, average looking. Pretty much true to life. I started to play with the options for looks, so many options it was hard to just choose where to start. I was also trying to do this at school to see how this would run on our system. Not something I would try again unless I had all day. This would not be something that could be done with the current set up we have for wireless and there is not really an option for direct connection for students. Back to my adventure in recreating my ME. I had fun and A LOT of laughs as I changed my shape, color and size. My next move was to change to a rocker girl look. She is pretty awesome, wish my hair would do something like that for real. Put on my T from Dr. Z's.
 I didn't think this was really all that was intended for this quest so i started playing with my hair, clothing, body shape, color and what ever else I could change. It was quite a humorous adventure. I didn't end up changing my look all that much in the end but at one point I did have some pretty funky looks.
I don't currently work with students that are old enough to play in SecondLife although many of them would love this place. You can be who ever you want to be and have some fun creating that avatar. In the video that we watched before working to change our appearance they stated that some people spend hours and hours personalizing their avatar. I can see how that could happen. I spent about two hours playing with this and could have gone on but at some point you just have to stop.
I am not the best navigator in this virtual world but I am getting better. Still not my favorite thing to do but I do see how it could be a fantastic learning tool for some students.

1 comment:

  1. You look MAAAAAAAVELOUS!!!!!!

    I know what you mean about being able to spend hours trying to get JUST the right look. It has to do with being able to customize who we are and how we look.

    It IS true that we need to be on computers with sufficient power to make this useful. As I said earlier, if you are having problems with your avatar continuously walking, it might be because you have a slow connection.

    Good luck and keep it up,

    Z

    ReplyDelete