Tuesday, April 19, 2011

PSA from my childhood Aha moment


Watching the PSA's in class last night made me think of the ones I saw when I was a kid. This is the one I remember most. They were very corny but the tunes stuck in your head.



This one is a little disturbing. The pot of boiling water should scare any kid out of the kitchen.

There are several from the 70's about the constitution. They talk about different aspects of the document but all end with the tag line, "The Constitution is for everyone, even kids."

There were a lotof PSA's in the seventies that were geared toward kids. There was even the hour long After School Specials that were basically PSA's that told a story. Usually about topics like stranger danger, bullying, peer pressure, drugs and teenage drinking. They must have been somewhat effective since I remember most of them and I watched them over 30 years ago. OK now I feel old.
The youth oriented PSA's of my time were not as in your face as the ones that we watched last night, like the ones for crack and texting while driving. Maybe that is what is needed now to make people listen but I think I like the ones above better. I know I drove home last night singing, "grab yourself a hunk-a, a slab or slice or chunk-a, grab yourself a hunk of cheese!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment