Friday, February 11, 2011

Are you a teacher or an Educator?

I saw this video today and really liked it and thought I would share. The music and pictures are beautiful and the message is awesome if you are planning to work in education. I liked how he compared the definitions of teacher and educator, so simple and yet very clear in it's message. The use of the word FIRE becomes clear in the end and you have one of those AHA!! moments, Now I get it, that's cool.

 I believe I am an EDUCATOR, at least that is my goal and my hope that I do more than JUST teach. I did have a student tell me the other day that I am one of their favorite High School teachers, not sure if it is for the reasons that I had hoped but it is still nice to hear. My classroom is very unconventional and sometimes vary laid back and for many students it is a safe and comfortable place to be. I guess we all need that sometimes. This video is one that makes you look at what you do in the classroom and how you do it and decide is this the best way for these students to learn what I am wanting them to learn. We should all do this on occasion instead of thinking is this the best way for ME to teach.

No comments:

Post a Comment