Monday, March 28, 2011

http://blog.timesunion.com/marshall/files/2011/03/tritop.jpg

Disturbing to say the least, this article and picture are about stores selling push-up bikini tops to children as young as 7 years old. JUST SO WRONG!!
I said it in class when we were discussing the sexualiztion of young girls in ads that the clothing that is sold for young kids is very inappropriate for children that are not yet teens.  I do not want my 4 year old child to look like a slutty teenager.  I didn't even allow my teens to dress in the type of clothing that is out there for little girls.  It is just so scary that people promote this by purchasing this type of clothing for their young girls, where is their head. Why do they not see what they are doing to their children.

No matter how much we complain and contact these companies it doesn't seem to change what they are offering up out there.  I am so ready for people to join in the opposition of this and stop buying this crap for their kids.  What is more important that you think you have dressed your child to be popular and fashionable or that you allow your children to BE children.

I am done ranting now. Thanks for listening, I feel much better now that I have let it all out.

No comments:

Post a Comment