Monday, March 14, 2011




In my search for information on ethics and morals in advertising I found several lectures and even one video on a workshop for lawyers to teach them how to eithically make profound claims about how they are the best have won the most cases in their commercials.

But a lot of what I found were the banned ads, the first one has runs on the premise of inuendo, which is of course inappropriate but I still found to be amusing. The second one was so over the top I was amazed anyone even made it to where it had to be banned. The message is an important one but they turned it into a big joke. It is supposed to be funny but missed the mark and hit stupidity instead. There one also one for eyeglasses that I couldn't even bring my self to add here. That one made me wonder why anyone would even agree to act in the commercial.

I found one comment under the videos to be especially appropriate: We skip the ads when we watch TV shows and then look for the to watch on youtube.  it is a good point.  We all hate commercials but then watch the superbowl just to see the commercials or the following day we look for them on the internet. We search for certain ones to watch or to show our friends. But over allin my search for information on the morals and ethics in advertising, I found more satire on the topic than actual information. Interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment